The end of the world has come and gone, leaving only phantoms where once there was life. Now Schorl, the last surviving human, and Spinel, the last of the magical saerii, search through the memories of a bygone era, hoping to find a future.
Pale Echoes is an RPG where exploration, collection, and critical thinking are key. Travel between the desolate real world and the vibrant world of memories, reliving the events of the past and collecting powerful human memories, each with their own unique skills.
Battle against and purify echoes, powerful phantoms left behind by the deceased, using a unique battle system where every lost memory you collect is a different character to summon to your aid. Beware, however, as each memory can only act once, and victory must be attained before your last memory has been used up.
This game features:
- Open windows into the past to see the world as it used to be, solving puzzles and collecting memories to use in battle.
- A practical puzzle battle system, where the more memories you collect, the longer you can last in a fight.
- A story of finding hope when all seems lost, and friendship forged in the midst of resentment and despair.
- Uncover 40 different memories to summon into battle, and 30 different hidden lexicons that detail the history and culture of the world that was lost.
- OS: Windows 98 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 1ghz
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- DirectX Version: 9
- Hard Drive: 100 MB available space